Recipe by Abby Girl
If you like hot and smoky, this sauce is for you. It can be done on spareribs in the crockpot or chicken on a can. The application is endless! I sometimes double the recipe and freeze in small containers...ready for a fast and easy supper!
- 10 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs tomatoes (6 Roma)
- 1⁄4 cup chipotle chile in adobo
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat garlic with oil and wrap in foil. Bake at 450 oven for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Broil tomatoes until skin turns dark brown on all sides. Peel and seed tomatoes.
- Place chipotle peppers in blender; process until finely chopped. Add tomatoes and garlic; process until smooth. Add vinegar, molasses, honey, sesame oil, cumin and salt; puree. Blend in oregano.