Recipe by gailanng
Great addition to a brunch menu. My inspiration is from Made By Frances blog with the technique of pre-cooking the potatoes from America's Test Kitchens.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb yukon gold potato, scrubbed and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (2 medium)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced plus 1 teaspoon of adobo sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the diced potatoes in large saucepan, cover with 1/2 inch water, add 1 teaspoon salt and place over high heat. As soon as water begins to boil, about 6 minutes, drain potatoes thoroughly in colander.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large heavy bottomed skillet. Arrange the potato cubes in a single layer. Cook for 4-5 minutes without stirring. Flip the potatoes and cook another 4-5 minutes on the opposite side. Repeat again until the potato cubes are evenly browned on all sides.
- Remove from heat and add in the paprika, minced chipotle chile and adobo sauce. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.