- 3 tablespoons white onions, finely minced, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 large avocados
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl or molcajete, combine 2 tablespoons of the minced onion, lime juice, chiles and salt.
- Smash with fork or pestle to a coarse paste.
- Cut avocados in half, remove seeds and scoop pulp into bowl or molcajete.
- Add the cilantro and mash, leaving some lumps; taste and adjust the salt if necessary.
- Sprinkle with additional cilantro and the reserved 1 tablespoon minced onion.
- Serve immediately.