Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I wanted something different than your typical salty powdered taco seasoned beef, so I made this based on a recipe by Rachael Ray on foodtv.com It's tasty and just as easy as using the envelope stuff!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, diced finely
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt, to taste
- 10 small flour tortillas or 10 small taco shells
- salsa or pico de gallo
- sour cream
- avocado, diced
- tomatoes, diced
- lettuce, shredded
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a large skillet to medium high. Brown the beef in the skillet for a minute, then add the garlic and onion. Once the meat is no longer pink, drain. Add the chili powder, chipotles, tomato sauce, and salt. Heat over medium until ready to serve on warm tortillas or taco shells with desired toppings.
I just LOVE chilpotles in anything and came across this recipe. Of course I added more chilpotles than called for and some of the adobo sauce and a some cumin. Not an RR fan but these are fabulous! Caution to those not familiar with chilpotles, they add heat and no 2 peppers are the same size so I suggest you add one then taste it.
This just wasn't our thing... We both really wanted to like it, but it was just not to our liking. I am sorry!
Absolutely delicious! I wanted to try something to shake things up a bit. My kids didn't like this, but my husband sure did! <br/>I did have to add a bit more chipotle. We love the stuff. I topped mine with some shredded cheese, tomatoes, sour cream and romaine. My husband just dumped some sour cream and salsa on his. The kids are it with crunchy taco shells and cheese.