Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple vegetable medley on the grill that is full of flavor. The veggies, especially the mushrooms, absorb the flavor of the oil and chipotle. It isn't spicy at all, but very delicious.
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 white onion
- 2 small yellow squash
- 2 small zucchini
- 4 -5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, Melted
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Slice peppers, onion, squash, zucchini to fit on skewers. Arrange all the vegetables on skewers. In a small bowl, mix melted butter, chipotle, and olive oil. Brush kabobs in one thin even coat. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook 2 cups white rice according to directions. When done, add butter and chopped parsley, allow butter to melt and stir well to mix.
- Grill kabobs over hot 450-500 degree flame until well done with some blackened edges, and all vegetables are tender. Baste frequently during cooking with the chipotle mix.
- Serve vegetables over the rice and enjoy!