1/1 Photo of Chipotle-Glazed Shrimp Kebabs
2 hrs 56 mins
2 hrs 50 mins
Hey Jude's Note:
I found this delicious recipe in the Chicago Tribune. The prep time includes the chilling time. This is supposed to serve 4 but, as in most of my 1-pounder shrimp recipes, my husband and I demolish the whole batch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds or 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 whole chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- pineapple, cubes (canned or fresh) (optional)
- 1For marinade, heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat; add onions, cook until light golden, about 7 minutes; add garlic and cumin; cook 1 minute.
- 2Remove from heat; stir in water, vinegar, chilies and oregano; pour into a blender or food processor and puree.
- 3Return mixture to skillet; heat over low heat; stir in zest, orange juice and brown sugar; cook until thickened, about 10 minutes and then refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- 4Place shrimp in a large plastic food storage bag; add marinade; seal; turn to coat shrimp.
- 5Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 6Soak 10 skewers in water for 30 minutes, if using wooden skewers.
- 7Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat; place shrimp on each skewer (if using pineapple, place cubes on skewer in-between each shrimp); discard marinade.
- 8Grill 2-3 minutes per side; garnish with cilantro and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle-Glazed Shrimp Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.2
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 345.6 mg
- Sodium 933.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 47.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo
oranges, zest of