This recipe from Canadian Living is not as spicy as you would think. I myself can't eat real spicy foods but I managed these quite well. You can marinate them from 8 to 24 hours. Marinating time is part of the preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 lbs beef short ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
- 1In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oregano, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic.
- 2Add the beef ribs and toss to coat.
- 3Refrigerate from 8 to 24 hours.
- 4Place the ribs in a roasting pan.
- 5Cover and roast in a 350 degree F oven until the meat is tender enough to fall off the bone, 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- 6Transfer to a plate.
- 7Skim the fat from the pan juices, reserving 1 tablespoon fat for the sauce.
- 8Set the pan juices aside.
- 9In a saucepan, heat the reserved beef fat (or vegetable oil) over medium-high heat and saute the onion and garlic until softened.
- 10Add the pan juices, chipotle peppers, brown sugar, lime juice, adobo sauce, tomato paste and salt.
- 11Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- 12Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
- 13Place the ribs on a greased barbecue grill over medium-high heat.
- 14Close the lid and cook, turning and basting often with the sauce, until heated through and crisped outside, about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle-Glazed Beef Short Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1227.7
- Calories from Fat 988
- Total Fat 109.8 g
- Saturated Fat 47.7 g
- Cholesterol 229.8 mg
- Sodium 469.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 44.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: