This recipe from Canadian Living is not as spicy as you would think. I myself can't eat real spicy foods but I managed these quite well. You can marinate them from 8 to 24 hours. Marinating time is part of the preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 lbs beef short ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
- 1In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oregano, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic.
- 2Add the beef ribs and toss to coat.
- 3Refrigerate from 8 to 24 hours.
- 4Place the ribs in a roasting pan.
- 5Cover and roast in a 350 degree F oven until the meat is tender enough to fall off the bone, 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- 6Transfer to a plate.
- 7Skim the fat from the pan juices, reserving 1 tablespoon fat for the sauce.
- 8Set the pan juices aside.
- 9In a saucepan, heat the reserved beef fat (or vegetable oil) over medium-high heat and saute the onion and garlic until softened.
- 10Add the pan juices, chipotle peppers, brown sugar, lime juice, adobo sauce, tomato paste and salt.
- 11Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- 12Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
- 13Place the ribs on a greased barbecue grill over medium-high heat.
- 14Close the lid and cook, turning and basting often with the sauce, until heated through and crisped outside, about 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle-Glazed Beef Short Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1227.7
- Calories from Fat 988
- Total Fat 109.8 g
- Saturated Fat 47.7 g
- Cholesterol 229.8 mg
- Sodium 469.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 44.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: