Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on the internet while trying to think of ways to consolidate my surplus of apples and chipotle.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 medium Red Delicious apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons minced chipotle chiles
- Line baking sheet with waxed paper. Mix sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss 1/4 of apple slices with cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil with 1 teaspoon chipotle chilies in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add coated apple slices. Cook until coating caramelizes and apple slices are heated through, turning often, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer apple slices to prepared sheet. Using paper towels, wipe skillet clean. Repeat with remaining apple slices, cinnamon-sugar mixture, oil and chipotle chilies in batches, wiping skillet clean between each batch. Serve warm or at room temperature.