Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've never really cared for pepper sauces, but after trying Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce, I'm hooked and trying to find all sorts of ways to use it! Adding it to your egg wash when making fried chicken adds great flavor without adding a lot of heat.
- 8 chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- oil (for frying)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- Combine salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken pieces. Cover and refrigerate from 1-24 hours.
- Whisk together the eggs and Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce.
- Dip chicken pieces into the egg wash and then in the flour, shaking off the excess.
- Fry chicken pieces in hot oil until crisp and golden, 10-13 minutes. Drain on paper towels.