Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm on a Chipotle kick! Recipe from Tabasco.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs catfish fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup cornflour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- oil, for deep-frying
- Place catfish in a bowl and sprinkle with TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce; toss well. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Combine cornmeal, corn flour, and salt in another bowl and mix well.
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a deep-fryer to 375°F.
- Coat catfish pieces with cornmeal mixture and fry 5 minutes or until golden brown and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot.