Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Received this recipe by Jaime Purviance in an email. Posting for ZWT. Recipe notes state: "The lively collection of flavors brought together in this salsa stand up boldly to grilled steak. The creamy avocado also plays well against the slight spiciness of the rub. If you’d like more heat, add some minced jalapeño or serrano chiles to the salsa."
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion, rinsed
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3⁄4 lbs flank steaks (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine all salsa ingredients in medium nonreactive bowl. Let stand at room temperature 2 hours before serving.
- Combine all steak ingredients except steak and oil in small bowl. Brush both sides of steak with oil; sprinkle with rub.
- Heat grill. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or coals 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare, turning once. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Slice across the grain into 1/2-inch slices. Serve with salsa.
Fabulous! I was afraid the steak would be tough because there was no marinating, but it was just perfect. The combination of flavors was wonderful together, and I'll definitely make this again. I might add some jalapenos to the salsa, but that is because I like things a bit spicy. This was a great find! Thanks for sharing.....made for Photo Tag game.