1/1 Photo of Chipotle Fish Cakes With Guacamole Salsa
1 hr 25 mins
This Chipotle fish cake recipe was "Planned Over" Recipe when I needed to be frugal and quickly use-or loose- some delicious Barbecue Salmon (recipe on www.thekosherchannel.com/barbecue-salmon.html ). My challenge: adapting this exotic sounding recipe to my family's tastes while using only ingredients already in my kitchen. I came up with this winner. From The Kosher Channel.
My Private Note
Fish Ca ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 -4 slices soft bread such as challah
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked boneless meaty fish such as salmon, flaked
- 4 slices pickled jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick skillet over high heat. Cook onion and bell pepper, stirring until onion is transparent, about 3 minutes. Lower heat to medium, add garlic and water, stirring constantly so garlic does not brown, about 1 minute.
- 2In the work bowl of a food processor, process bread into fine breadcrumbs. There should be about one cup.
- 3In a medium mixing bowl, gently combine 3/4 cup of the bread crumbs with the salmon, sauteed vegetables, jalapeno, cilantro, mayonnaise and seasonings. *(if you do not have chipolte seasoning, substitute with 1 tablespoon chili powder plus 2 teaspoons smoky barbecue sauce) Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes.
- 4Form mixture into 2” fish cakes, there should be about 12 patties of the same size and thickness. Coat with reserved bread crumbs. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 5Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat remaining oil. Brown fish cakes 2 to 3 minutes per side, remove to a baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes until set. Serve warm with Avocado Salsa.
- 6Make Avocado Salsa: In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse 1/4 onion, handfull of cilantro and 1/2 jalapeno pepper until finely chopped. Add 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, juice of half a lime juice, and 1 ripe chunked avocado. Pulse briefly until mixture is the consistency of chunky guacamole. Serve with any Tex-Mex recipe like Chipotle Fish Cakes.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Fish Cakes With Guacamole Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.9
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 474.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 25.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pickled jalapeno peppers