1/2 Photos of Chipotle Fettuccine With Smoked Turkey
From Betty Crocker. Every time I made this, I had to add about 1/4th cup of water to the dough. I've served this with chicken and topped with raspberry chipotle jelly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 -2 canned chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups cut-up smoked turkey breast (12oz)
- 1In large bowl, mix flour and salt; make well in center. In small bowl, beat oil, eggs and chilies; pour into well. Stir with fork, gradually bringing flour mixture to center, until dough forms and rounds into a ball. If dough is too dry, mix in up to 2 tablespoons water. Roll and cut as directed below. (Use additional flour when rolling and cutting noodles.) Place fettuccine strips on towel; let stand 30 minutes.
- 2Hand Rolling Method: On lightly floured surface, knead dough about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Divide into 4 equal parts. Roll dough, 1 part at a time, into 14x10-inch paper-thin rectangle (keep remaining dough covered). Loosely fold rectangle lengthwise into thirds; cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips. Unfold and separate strips.
- 3Manual Pasta Machine Method: On lightly floured surface, knead dough about 4 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Divide dough into 4 equal parts. Feed dough, 1 part at a time through smooth rollers set at widest setting (keep remaining dough covered). Sprinkle with flour if dough becomes sticky. Fold lengthwise into thirds. Repeat feeding dough through rollers and folding into thirds 8 to 10 times or until dough is firm and smooth. Feed dough through progressively narrow settings until dough is paper thin. (Dough will lengthen as it becomes thinner; it may be cut crosswise at any time for easier handling.) Feed through fettuccine cutting rollers.
- 4In 2-quart saucepan, heat corn, water and onion to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Pour into food processor or blender. Cover and process until almost smooth.
- 5In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in corn mixture, milk, half-and-half and turkey. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- 6Break fettuccine into desired size pieces. In 4-quart saucepan, cook fettuccine in 3 quarts boiling salted water (1 tablespoon salt) 8 to 10 minutes or until tender; drain. Toss with turkey mixture.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Fettuccine With Smoked Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.2
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.8 mg
- Sodium 600.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo
smoked turkey breast