Recipe by loof
My mom clipped this recipe from a June 2000 edition of the Houston Chronicle. It's originally from a cookbook called "Off the Eaten Path: Inspired Recipes for Adventurous Cooks". This is a great, zesty grilled shrimp dish!
Top Review by teresas
These are very spicy and packed full of yummy flavors...I agree with jswinks...next time I will crush the herbs...they were just a bit dominate in the dish...but gave great flavor...I just loved the sauce even through I couldn't get it to liquify...maybe because I cut the recipe in half...so I just chopped it up finely and added a tad more lime juice...also to keep the fat down I omitted the oil and just squeezed more lime juice on the shrimp...thanks for posting...:)
- 3⁄4 lb jumbo shrimp (uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cilantro leaf (stemmed)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (fresh is best)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Shell and devein the shrimp. Pat dry.
- In a medium bowl, mix the oregano, thyme, lemon-pepper, ground chipotle, salt and pepper. Add shrimp and toss thoroughly.
- Put the cilantro and lime juice in a blender and blend until cilantro is liquified. Pour into a small bowl and stir in sour cream. Refrigerate until the shrimp is cooked.
- Skewer the shrimp or place in a grill basket. Cook on a hot grill about 2 minutes per side, until shrimp are no longer translucent. Brush both sides lightly with oil while cooking.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with the dipping sauce.