Recipe by Abby Girl
I originally found this recipe in Bon Appetit, many years ago and have adapted it to suit my needs. If you don't like to much heat in your foods, I would start off easy on the chipotle and work yourself up--the full 1-1/2 T has quite the bite to it! This would be an easy recipe to cut in half for a smaller crowd. Makes an interesting dressing for potato salad, on burgers, fajitas, pizza, etc.
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon chipotle chile (depending on your preference of heat)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream (or yogurt cheese)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, fresh
- lime rind, grated (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing (or to taste)
- 100 g baby shrimp, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop green onions.
- Wearing protective gloves, mince enough chipotles to a paste to measure 1 1/2 tablespoons.
- In a bowl whisk together all ingredients with salt to taste.
- Dip may be kept, covered and chilled, 3 days. Serve with crackers or bagel chips.
- Note: I puree the whole can and spoon tablespoonfuls of it on a plastic wrap covered plate to freeze the leftovers so they never go to waste and are easy to get at to add to any recipe.