Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very spicy with 2 tablespoons chipotle chili powder, decrease if you like less heat. If using chops, increase the rub amount due to larger exposed meat areas.
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried chipotle powder (decrease for less heat)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 (3/4 lb) pork tenderloin (or pork chop equivalent)
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the onion powder, garlic powder, chipotle chili powder, salt and brown sugar. Place tenderloins (or chops) in a bag and shake, coating meat evenly. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Lightly oil grill grate (don't leave out this step) and arrange on grate. Cook for 20 minutes, turning meat every 5 minutes. Remove from grill, let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
It was my first time doing a recipe with dry chipotle powder. Wow it's good and spicy. I reduced the quantity just a little bit. I'm glad there was a little bit of sweetness from the brown sugar. Me and DH loved this rub so much. It goes well on pork. Thanks GailAnn :) Made for Holiday tag game