Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
The first time I tasted chipotle cream sauce was at the Cheesecake Factory restaurant, and I fell in love with it. Here's an easy and quick version to make at home! :)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature (microwave for 30 seconds)
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, pureed
- white pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the shallot and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes; add the broth and wine and sauté another 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in the sour cream, then the pureed chipotle.
- Simmer for a couple of minutes to heat through and season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Serve over chicken and/or pasta; makes about 2 servings.
- For an interesting twist, substitute vodka for the wine.
This sauce is tasty but it did separate on me. I used part of the sauce over a poached chicken breast and the rest went over pasta. I'll re-try it and if it will stay together.