Recipe by chia
comes with a kick! seed the chipotles if you want it milder, halve the amount, or just use the adobo sauce for the uninitiated.then again you can always use the whole chile. adapted from ctoc
Top Review by kitchenslave03
Sooooo good! I used it as cranberry sauce to have with turkey and it was outstanding! I can't wait to mix the leftovers with butter to slather on some cornbread. I think the butterless version would also be delish with ham.
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce, from chipotle chilies
- 1⁄2 chipotle chile, seeded,minced,to taste
- 1 cup sun-dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup brandy or 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (for chip cra butter) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer 15 minutes, covered.
- Turn off heat and let sit, covered for 15 more minutes.
- Put ingredients in a food processor and pulse until desired consistency.
- Texture may range from somewhat coarse to smooth.
- Serve with turkey.
- for chipotle cranberry butter: mix with 1 stick of butter and spread on your favorite cornbread or rolls.