Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From "Cooking Light".
Make and share this Chipotle-Cranberry Compote recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 (12 ounce) packages fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- NOTE: Be sure to grate the orange rind before juicing the oranges.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cook 7 minutes or until cranberries begin to pop, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chipotle and remaining ingredients.
- Reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes or until mixture is thick, stirring occasionally.
- 1/4 cup serving size: 95 calories, fat 0.1 gr., carb 24.5 gr., fiber 2.4 gr., 0 cholesterol, sodium 55 mg.