I found this recipe on the internet. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds pretty good.
Make and share this Chipotle Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450°, allowing the cast iron skillet to heat up with it.
- In the mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Fold in the egg, buttermilk, milk, oil, and chipotles.
- Spray cooking spray on cast iron skillet and pour in the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- When cornbread is taken out of the oven, immediately run a knife around the edges and flip the skillet over onto a plate.
- Serve with butter.
I love chipotles and was so excited to try this cornbread recipe. Very good and spicy. I served it on New Year's Day with black-eyed peas and turnip greens. Had a dense but tender texture. Slathered on some real butter. Yes mam, gets a thumbs up from my family.
This is devine....I was hunting for a way to use Chipotle Peppers and this is really really very good. Thank you.
Dh, the family cornbread eater gives this one a thumbs up. I used a 10" skillet but would switch to a 9" next time (if I owned one). In lieu of that, I'll reduce the baking temp to 425° as the center of the bread was very moist but the crust was just short of burnt.