This spicy fresh-corn salad, with grilled sweet Vidalia onions and tart lime juice, is a perfect summertime picnic staple. The best canned chipotles in adobo sauce are from the brands La Costeña, Casa Fiesta, and Goya.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ears corn
- 1/2 medium vidalia onions or 1/2 medium walla walla onion, thickly sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Light a grill or preheat a grill pan.
- 2Brush the corn and onion slices with the olive oil and grill over moderately high heat until charred in spot but still slightly crisp, about 7 minutes.
- 3Let cool slightly, then cut the kernels from the cobs and coarsely chop the onion.
- 4In a medium bowl, mix the sour cream with the lime juice, chopped chipotle chiles and sliced scallion and stir in the charred corn and onions.
- 5Season the corn salad with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle-Corn Salad
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.5
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 8.9 mg
- Sodium 37.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo