Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This spicy fresh-corn salad, with grilled sweet Vidalia onions and tart lime juice, is a perfect summertime picnic staple. The best canned chipotles in adobo sauce are from the brands La Costeña, Casa Fiesta, and Goya.
- 5 ears corn
- 1⁄2 medium vidalia onions or 1⁄2 medium walla walla onion, thickly sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan.
- Brush the corn and onion slices with the olive oil and grill over moderately high heat until charred in spot but still slightly crisp, about 7 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then cut the kernels from the cobs and coarsely chop the onion.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sour cream with the lime juice, chopped chipotle chiles and sliced scallion and stir in the charred corn and onions.
- Season the corn salad with salt and pepper and serve immediately.