My husband loves these with garlic roasted chicken or veggie soup. I can't remember where the recipe originated. For a variation, add a small can of yellow corn to the batter. Good on a cold winter night. Medium hot on the heat scale.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray muffin tins lightly with oil.
- Mix together baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cornmeal in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with yogurt.
- Stir in the chipotles& cheese; then gently stir the egg mix into the cornmeal mix just until combined.
- fill the muffin tins with the batter& bake for 10-15 minutes for regular sized muffins or 7-10 minutes for mini-muffins.
After reading the one review I wasn't sure if flour was to be added or not. I thought these were delicious (although more chipotle's were added and not seeded), and next time I will leave out the 1/2 cup of flour I added. The yogurt probably makes flour unnecessary.
I am going to leave a comment to this recipe instead of the usual review with stars. This recipe is missing a major ingredient-- flour. I added 1/2 cup flour to the mixture, cooked these in a jumbo muffin tin and got 4 well rounded muffins.