exchanges: 4 starch, 2 vegetable
My Private Note
c servi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks (6 medium)
- 1 cup chopped sweet red peppers or 1 cup green sweet pepper
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups fresh corn or 3 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 1/4 cups finely chopped red potatoes (3 medium)
- 1 -3 teaspoon chopped chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt (optional)
- 1In a large saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat.
- 2Cook and stir leeks and sweet pepper in hot oil about 10 minutes or until tender.
- 3Add 2 3/4 c of the broth into the saucepan.
- 4Return to boiling.
- 5Stir in corn, potatoes, chipotle peppers, and paprika.
- 6Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- 7Simmer, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 8Meanwhile, in a screw-top jar combine the remaining 1/4 c broth and the flour.
- 9Cover and shake until smooth; stir into potato mixture.
- 10Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- 11Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- 12If desired, season with salt.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle & Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (1878 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.7
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 86.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo