Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Everyone said this was like Chipotle's rice. Great as a side dish for mexican or in burritos.
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (or soybean or canola)
- 1 lime, juice from
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- rinse rice well until water runs clear.
- combine rice, water and bay leaf in a pot, cover it and bring it to a boil.
- reduce heat and simmer about 18 minutes.
- fluff with a fork and stir in cilantro.
- add oil, lime juice and salt together, stir well.
- taste and adjust- might need more lime or salt.
Very good and close to Chipotl'es! Will make it again! Thank you, have been searching for there rice recipe for a long time and the hubby said it was right on.