Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a copycat recipe I found for this amazing rice, it works perfectly with a nice savory pulled pork that I use for making burritos. But it really is good enough to have on it's own. *edit* I will have to revisit this recipe soon and come up with more precise measurements and possibly using more generic rice.
- In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil or butter over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Add rice and lime juice, stir for 1 minute.
- Add water and salt, bring to a full rolling boil.(Some people have had success with 1 cup of water, but when I've made it with 2 it worked for me).
- At boiling, cover, turn down to simmer over low heat until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Add in the cilantro and fluff rice with a fork.
FINALLY- a good cilantro-lime rice recipe!! I loved it! I used 1 1/2 C water after reading that some had success with one cup and others with 2, it was perfect...not too sticky and not under cooked. I also cut down the butter and used 1/2 tsp , and added the juice of 1 & 1/2 limes, 1/2 while cooking and the rest i added with the cilantro. It was excellent.
The secret to fluffy rice is 1 1/2 cups water for ever cup of rice. most recipes call for 2 cups water for every cup of rice but this overcooks it.
I was waiting in line one day at Chipotles several years ago, and watched them make the rice. A huge bowl of cooked rice was tossed with a big spoon while a handful of salt, a squeze bottle of fresh lime juice and double handful of chopped cilantro was added. Pretty simple...