- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's or Best Foods)
- 1⁄2 cup real sour cream
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses (not blackstrap)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 canned chipotle chile (minced)
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce, from the can
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups packed green cabbage
- 6 cups packed red cabbage
- 7 scallions (sliced into thin rounds)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (chopped and packed tightly into the cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the dressing by stirring together mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, molasses, sugar, minced chile, adobo sauce, and 1 teaspoons salt.
- In large bowl, toss together cabbage, green onions, 3/4 cup of the chopped cilantro.
- pour dressing over vegetables tossing well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- Before serving, add more salt if desired and scatter remaining cilantro over top.