- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced, plus
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles in adobo sauce)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mash together with a fork or wooden spoon until the mixture is well combined (or pulse in a food processor).
- Form into a log shape in plastic wrap, parchment, or waxed paper (tightening the ends as if it were a sausage) and refrigerate for up to two weeks or freeze for up to three months.