Smoky chipotle chiles and earthy chocolate add depth and richness to this chili.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounces canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes, canned and undrained
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Heat a Dutch Oven over medium-high heat.
- 2Coat pan with cooking spray.
- 3Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, and turkey to pan; saute 8 minutes or until turkey is browned and vegetables are tender.
- 4Add sugar and next 9 ingredients to pan, stirring to blend; bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Add chocolate, stirring to melt.
- 6Ladle 1 1/4 cups chile in each of 8 bowls; tope each serving with 1 T sour cream. Garnish with Green Onions.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle & Chocolate Chili
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.8
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 606.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo