Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Smoky chipotle chiles and earthy chocolate add depth and richness to this chili.
Make and share this Chipotle & Chocolate Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounces canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, canned and undrained
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Heat a Dutch Oven over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, and turkey to pan; saute 8 minutes or until turkey is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Add sugar and next 9 ingredients to pan, stirring to blend; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Add chocolate, stirring to melt.
- Ladle 1 1/4 cups chile in each of 8 bowls; tope each serving with 1 T sour cream. Garnish with Green Onions.
Made for Comfort Cafe. We didn't really care for this recipe. We thought the chocolate was overpowering and that the ancho chili powder was also a bit much and we like spicy things. I think this would be better if the chocolate was cut down to 1 ounce.