Recipe by cookiedog
This is a jazzed up version of a cold mocha. From Smoothies and Summer Drinks. Cooking time is time spent in the freezer.
Top Review by Ratalouille
Sooooo Good!!!! I love the cinnamon and spice. All I had was chocolate revel ice cream, so that added a little more chocolate flavor. Instead of making ice cubes, I poured that mixture into a shallow pan, froze it, then scraped the top every hour, making these cool ice crystals. (I saw this on the Giada De Laurentiis show). Then I mixed everything together, topped with a nice dollop of whipped cream and enjoyed ... mmmmm :)
- 1 (1 -1 1/4 ounce) packageinstant hot chocolate powder (without marshmallows)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream or 1 cup coffee ice cream or 1 cup chocolate ice cream
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free half-and-half
- whipped cream (optional)
- ground cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2-cup glass measure stir together hot chocolate mix, coffee crystals, chili powder and ground cinnamon.
- Stir in hot water until combined.
- Pour into ice cube tray. Freeze until firm.
- In blender container combine chocolate ice cubes, ice cream and half-and-half. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses.
- Serve immediately topped with whipped cream and cinnamon, if desired.