This is a jazzed up version of a cold mocha. From Smoothies and Summer Drinks. Cooking time is time spent in the freezer.
- 1 (1 -1 1/4 ounce) packageinstant hot chocolate powder (without marshmallows)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream or 1 cup coffee ice cream or 1 cup chocolate ice cream
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free half-and-half
- whipped cream (optional)
- ground cinnamon (optional)
- In 2-cup glass measure stir together hot chocolate mix, coffee crystals, chili powder and ground cinnamon.
- Stir in hot water until combined.
- Pour into ice cube tray. Freeze until firm.
- In blender container combine chocolate ice cubes, ice cream and half-and-half. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses.
- Serve immediately topped with whipped cream and cinnamon, if desired.