Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
We had a jar of Chipotle Chicken Chili that I wanted to use. I decided instead of just eating it from a bowl or on nachos that I would serve it as a sort of Mexican lasagna. It turned out to be a very easy and yummy idea.
- 1 (20 ounce) jarhormel chili master chipotle chicken chilli
- 10 corn tortillas
- 4 ounces low fat cottage cheese
- 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons lowfat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Soften corn tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- In a small bowl mix cottage cheese, cream cheese, mozzerella, cheddar, and chicken broth.
- Spray a square baking dish (8x8, 9x9, etc) with cooking spray, then spread a few tables spoons of chili onto the bottom. Place one layer of corn tortillas on top (about 3 or 4).
- Layer about a third the jar of chili onto tortillas. Top with half the cheese mixture.
- Repeat layer begining with 3 more tortillas, another third of the chili, and the rest of the cheese. Top with the final layer of tortillas. Cover with remaining chili and sprinkle more cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Amazing! I could only find a 15 oz can of the chili, so I reduced my tortillas down to 8. Otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly, garnishing with some sliced green onions and serving with a bit of guacamole. This is so easy to make, yet so delicious! Perfect weeknight meal. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Spring 2011.