Recipe by kimbearly
a gooseberry patch recipe by request.
Top Review by Dwynnie
This was a good chili, though I had to make some modifications (my fault!) I used turkey instead of venison (as I didn't have any), added 1 can of beans (for DH), and added an extra can of diced tomatoes (to offset the beans) that had chipotle in them (in addition to the chipotles, as my chipotles were a little old!) The flavor was very good and not too spicy! Also, this made 6 servings for us (with mods). Great with cornbread! Thank you!
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 (16 ounce) packagesage flavored pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomatoes with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- shredded monterey jack cheese, to garnish
- sour cream, to garnish
- sliced green onion, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- in large dutch oven brown meats till crumbled.
- drain all but 1 tablespoon of drippings.
- saute onion, green pepper,and garlic about 10 minutes.
- add meat back to dutch oven.
- add tomatoes,tomato sauce,chipotles,adobo sauce and seasonings.
- stir well and simmer for at least 1 hour.
- serve with condiments of choice!