Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
a gooseberry patch recipe by request.
Make and share this Chipotle Chili Con Carne recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 (16 ounce) packagesage flavored pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomatoes with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- shredded monterey jack cheese, to garnish
- sour cream, to garnish
- sliced green onion, to garnish
- in large dutch oven brown meats till crumbled.
- drain all but 1 tablespoon of drippings.
- saute onion, green pepper,and garlic about 10 minutes.
- add meat back to dutch oven.
- add tomatoes,tomato sauce,chipotles,adobo sauce and seasonings.
- stir well and simmer for at least 1 hour.
- serve with condiments of choice!