Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Smoky, spicy chili.
Make and share this Chipotle Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 chipotle chiles, canned in adobo sauce, minced
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, and beef to pan; sauté 10 minutes or until beef is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan, stirring to blend; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Cover and continue to cook on low for another hour.
This is REALLY good! I used a combination of venison & moose and it was delicious!