Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Everybody needs more than a few chili recipes to get them through the winter. Here's one that can stick to your ribs and have the extra spicy kick on chipotles in Adobo.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- In a large deep dish, nonstick skillet or pot, brown ground beef with onion and salt.
- Add tomatoes, beans, chicken broth, water, chilies, chili powder and garlic, stir together and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
I have made this chili twice now. Both times incredible!! I doubled the chili's (my preference) but otherwise followed the recipe. Not your traditional chili, but if you are a chili fan, do try it! 5 stars! Thanks R.Lynn!
We really enjoyed this recipe! It was easy & had kickin' flavor with the chipotles. I had a can of chili beans & about 1/2 cup of kidney beans leftover from another dish so I threw those in too. I also used fire roasted tomatoes, but other than that followed the recipe. We served this chili on top of salad greens & tortilla chips, topped with a dollop of sour cream for a delicious taco salad. Thanks for sharing, R.Lynn! Made & enjoyed for Zaar Chef Alphabet tag game.