Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from nourishedkitchen.com.
Make and share this Chipotle Chile, Chicken & Black Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 quart chicken broth, preferably homemade roast chicken stock
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked black beans
- In a soup pot, heat butter in a skillet over medium-high heat until melted, then add chopped yellow onion and fry until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in cumin, chipotle chili powder and Mexican oregano into the mixture of onions and butter, continuing to cook for about one to two minutes.
- Add chicken broth and salsa to the onions, butter, cumin and oregano.
- Add cooked chicken and black beans to the soup pot, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for approximately ten to fifteen minutes.