Spice Boy's Note:
This is a tasty chicken dish with smoky flavors coming from both the tasso (a Cajun cured ham) and the chipotle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken tenders, trimmed
- 1/4 cup tasso, diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons dried chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (or more to taste, chipotle flavored)
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup white wine (dry, such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio)
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1Mix the chicken with the chipotle and ancho chile powders, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper. Allow the chicken to sit for a bit and come to room temperature, about 15 minutes. Dredge the spiced chicken in the flour.
- 2Melt the 1 T butter with the olive oil and brown the chicken on both sides, about 5 minutes total. The chicken should not cook through at this point. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- 3Add the additional 1 T butter and saute the tasso until it is browned. Add the shallot and garlic and saute an additional minute.
- 4Deglaze the pan with the wine, stirring, and add the half and half and the hot sauce. Bring to a boil over medium heat and add the chicken back into the pan, including any juices.
- 5Cook over medium heat until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through. Taste the sauce and add more salt, pepper, or hot sauce as desired. Serve over pasta or rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Chicken With Tasso Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.1
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 125.8 mg
- Sodium 256.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 31.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: