Recipe by Kanzeda
Tortilla soup recipe from Cooking Light. Add a cheese and herb Corn muffin #22536 for a 378 calorie meal.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 lb chicken breast, bite size pieces
- 2 teaspoons dried chipotle powder
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat free chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup baked corn tortilla chips, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, 4 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- In an large saucepan with the canola oil, saute the garlic and chicken for 2 minutes, add chili powder and stir well.
- Stir in water, broth, salt and tomatoes, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Top with tortilla chips, cilantro and lime.
- Serving size is 1 1/4 cups of soup.