- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder or 1⁄2 of a chopped chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) canfire roasted stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 1 cup crumbled tortilla chips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large stock pot over medium-high heat for one minute. Add the chicken and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add water, broth, tomatoes and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the butter (optional) and stir to combine.
- Pour into serving bowls and top with the cilantro and chips.