1/4 Photos of Chipotle Chicken Thighs
Chef Sarita in Austin Texas's Note:
Easy to make on a weeknight. I actually just threw this together and it came out pretty good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup sliced white onion
- 1/4 cup of diced green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 -4 sprigs cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules (preffer knorr granulated chicken bullion) or 2 chicken bouillon cubes (preffer knorr granulated chicken bullion)
- 7 ounces chipotle chiles in adobo (you will use 1-2 peppers and about 2 tablespoons of the puree)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1Butterfly cut each thigh (Slice the inside of the thigh so that it will cook quicker and more evenly). Season each thigh front and back with cumin and pepper.
- 2Heat oil in large frying pan over medium high. Add both of the onions and bell pepper, saute for about 5 minute.
- 3Add chicken thighs and brown for about 10 minute turning over once to brown both sides.
- 4Add the 2 tablespoons of chipotle puree and 2 peppers. Disolve and sprinkle the chicken bullion cubes over the chicken (or if you have granulated bullion, add 2 tablespoons).
- 5Add about 2 cups water, or enough to barely cover the chicken. Mix the water in the pan a bit and taste if it needs more salt.
- 6Cover and cook for about 20 mins on medium high or until the juices from the chicken run clear and the sauce has thickened enough for your taste. When done, turn pan off and add the cilantro.
- 7Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Chicken Thighs
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.8
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 141.7 mg
- Sodium 336.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 34.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo