From Cooking Light, August 2006.
Make and share this Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2⁄3 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup diced peeled avocado
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can no-salt-added corn, rinsed and drained
- Dressing: Combine first 7 ingredients, stirring well.
- Salad: Combine lettuce and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Great salad! I loved the dressing! I pureed the dressing ingredients together in food processor with good results, and only used 3 tsp of lime (I don't like things too limey). I used leftover chicken from Chipotle Chicken Skewers With Creamy Cilantro Dipping Sauce and it had a great flavor! The dressing is very versatile - I used the leftover as a sauce for my fish tacos and it turned out GREAT! I also want to try the dressing next when I make chicken salad sandwiches. Yum!
Awesome! Have made this a couple of times and really enjoyed it. Last time pounded the chicken, sprinkled with salsa salad seasoning from Penzeys, and cooked on the GF for a quick dinner. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Excellent salad. Loved the chipotle and combination of flavors.