Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe is from Sanderson Farms.
Make and share this Chipotle Chicken, Sweet Onion and Cabbage Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb chicken tenders, halved
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (from half of lime)
- 2 cups packaged coleslaw mix
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup fresh salsa
- 12 eight-inch soft flour tortillas, warmed according to package directions
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- In wok, heat oil over high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring and tossing, for 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add hot pepper sauce, cumin, salt, pepper and chicken. Continue stir-frying for 5 to 7 minutes, or until chicken is just cooked through.
- Add lime juice and remove from heat.
- To serve, place a small amount of the chicken and onion mixture in the middle of a warm tortilla. Top with coleslaw mix, cilantro, avocado and salsa. Add dollop of sour cream; fold both sides of tortilla over the ingredients.