Recipe by LARavenscroft
This was originally a recipe for the crock pot. I tend not to use my crock pot too often for meals because I'm away from home for more than 10 hours and I don't have one that can be programmed. I've adapted it to be made on the stove top, but you could still make it in the crock pot. Just put all the ingredients in your crock pot and cook on low for 7-8 hours (or 3 1/2-4 hours on high).
Top Review by teresas
This is so yummy! We loved it. I used breast instead of thighs only because DH doesn't eat anything but the breast. I also added about 1/2 cup frozen corn like another reviewer suggested. This stew warms your tummy on a cold rainy day. Thanks for posting. :)
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 14.79 ml adobo sauce
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 425.24 g can navy beans, drained & rinsed
- 425.24 g can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes
- 354.88 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut in 6 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken and onion in a dutch oven sprayed with cooking spray until chicken is slightly browned.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cilantro to dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes until chicken is cooked and the mixture is slightly thickened.
- Remove bay leaf before serving and add cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges.