Recipe by Lorac
A good way to use up leftover chicken. Even better, toss some chicken breasts around the edge of the grill when ever you are cooking out. A great summer dish, cooks in 10 minutes !
Top Review by Rita~
I used the left over chicken from Lorac`s easy morrocan chicken. I cut the recipe in half. This was great with one of my favorite herbs cilantro and the avocado gave it a nice creaminess (is that a word).I crumbled the chips into the soup which thickened it. Lots of flavor, smoothness, spice you`ll all have to try it and see what I mean. YUM!
- 6 3⁄4 cups chicken bouillon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 dried chipotle chiles, canned or reconstituted,cut into very thin strips
- 12 -14 ounces cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium soft diced avocado, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Add bouillion, garlic and chipotles to a large sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken, reduce heat to low, simmer 5 minutes, add green onions and remove from heat.
- Add 1/4 of the avacado and cilantro to 4 soup bowls, top with soup and serve with tortilla chips.