Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A good way to use up leftover chicken. Even better, toss some chicken breasts around the edge of the grill when ever you are cooking out. A great summer dish, cooks in 10 minutes !
- 6 3⁄4 cups chicken bouillon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 dried chipotle chiles, canned or reconstituted,cut into very thin strips
- 12 -14 ounces cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium soft diced avocado, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- tortilla chips
- Add bouillion, garlic and chipotles to a large sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken, reduce heat to low, simmer 5 minutes, add green onions and remove from heat.
- Add 1/4 of the avacado and cilantro to 4 soup bowls, top with soup and serve with tortilla chips.
I used the left over chicken from Lorac`s easy morrocan chicken. I cut the recipe in half. This was great with one of my favorite herbs cilantro and the avocado gave it a nice creaminess (is that a word).I crumbled the chips into the soup which thickened it. Lots of flavor, smoothness, spice you`ll all have to try it and see what I mean. YUM!
I love a delicious meal made in 20 minutes. Didn't and won't change a thing.
DH saw a very similar recipe in a little Mexican cookbook that I have, and he requested it for breakfast this morning (?!?). He gave it five stars because it was spicy and included avocados, which he loves. I thought it was pretty good, albeit a bit spicier than I like. I used some shredded seasoned chicken breast that I had made the night before (I tend to keep seasoned shredded chicken on hand for various dishes). I didn't have any scallions, so I just chopped up some Vidalia onion and added it to the broth/chile mixture before boiling. I cut a few fresh corn tortillas into strips and fried them myself instead of serving bagged tortilla chips, and I tossed them into the bottom of the bowls with the avocado and cilantro before adding the broth (kinda like noodles). Good stuff, and I'm sure that DH will request it again!