This recipe is from a class I took with my favorite chef in Portland, OR, Jessica Benedetti. I have been asked for this recipe more times than I can count. It's fabulous and really impresses everyone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 green onions, sliced and chopped small
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced canned chipotle chile
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked and parboiled
- 2 red bell peppers, quartered lengthwise and seeded
- 2 yellow bell peppers, quartered lengthwise and seeded
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups basmati rice (rinsed very well to remove starch) or 2 cups other long grain rice (rinsed very well to remove starch)
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Combine first 4 ingredients into small bowl.
- 2Whisk in olive oil a little at a time.
- 3Add 1/2 cup cilantro to dressing.
- 4Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Place chicken, corn, and bell peppers on rimmed baking sheet.
- 6Brush 1/2 cup dressing over both sides of chicken and vegetables.
- 7Let stand 30 minutes.
- 8Bring 3 cups water and 2 tsp salt to boil in heavy saucepan.
- 9Rinse rice well to avoid stickiness once cooked.
- 10Add rice to boiling water.
- 11Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- 12Remove from heat. Keep pan covered and let rice stand 5 minutes.
- 13Transfer rice to large bowl; fluff with fork.
- 14Pour 1/2 cup dressing over hot rice and toss; let cool.
- 15Prepare barbecue (medium heat).
- 16Grill chicken and vegetables until chicken is cooked through and peppers are tender and charred on skin side only, about 6 minutes and corn is slightly roasted.
- 17Place peppers in paper or plastic bag for 5 minutes to 'sweat' the skin.
- 18Remove charred skin from peppers and discard.
- 19Cut chicken and peppers into strips.
- 20Cut corn off cobs.
- 21Toss chicken and vegetables in medium bowl with enough dressing to coat; add to rice and toss again.
- 22Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 23Sprinkle with remaining cilantro and serve.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Chicken Salad With Rice and Roasted Corn
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1093.1
- Calories from Fat 555
- Total Fat 61.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 1338.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 37.6 g