Recipe by sherrilljoy
This recipe is from a class I took with my favorite chef in Portland, OR, Jessica Benedetti. I have been asked for this recipe more times than I can count. It's fabulous and really impresses everyone.
Top Review by Lazarus
This was fantastic. It took quite a while to make, but the end result was well worth it. I especially liked the roasted corn and peppers. They really made the dish for me. I was a little confused regarding the dressing, as the instructions directed me to make 3/4 cup, but other instructions called for more. Flavour-wise, I think it probably could stand to have a little more dressing, but it was still fantastic. I'll just increase the amounts a bit next time. Thanks for posting. Made for Fall PAC 2012
- 4 green onions, sliced and chopped small
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced canned chipotle chile
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked and parboiled
- 2 red bell peppers, quartered lengthwise and seeded
- 2 yellow bell peppers, quartered lengthwise and seeded
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups basmati rice (rinsed very well to remove starch) or 2 cups other long grain rice (rinsed very well to remove starch)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients into small bowl.
- Whisk in olive oil a little at a time.
- Add 1/2 cup cilantro to dressing.
- Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken, corn, and bell peppers on rimmed baking sheet.
- Brush 1/2 cup dressing over both sides of chicken and vegetables.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Bring 3 cups water and 2 tsp salt to boil in heavy saucepan.
- Rinse rice well to avoid stickiness once cooked.
- Add rice to boiling water.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Keep pan covered and let rice stand 5 minutes.
- Transfer rice to large bowl; fluff with fork.
- Pour 1/2 cup dressing over hot rice and toss; let cool.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat).
- Grill chicken and vegetables until chicken is cooked through and peppers are tender and charred on skin side only, about 6 minutes and corn is slightly roasted.
- Place peppers in paper or plastic bag for 5 minutes to 'sweat' the skin.
- Remove charred skin from peppers and discard.
- Cut chicken and peppers into strips.
- Cut corn off cobs.
- Toss chicken and vegetables in medium bowl with enough dressing to coat; add to rice and toss again.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining cilantro and serve.