1/2 Photos of Chipotle Chicken Salad Tacos
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil, preferably extra-virgin
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped
- 1/2 small napa cabbage, thinly sliced (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely shredded cooked chicken, preferably grilled or roasted
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled,pitted and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup coarsely grated mexican queso anejo or 1/3 cup other dry grating cheese, such as romano or parmesan
- 12 -16 warm fresh corn tortillas
- 1The Filling: In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and chipotles.
- 2Season generously with salt, usually about a generous 1/4 teaspoon.
- 3Add the cabbage, carrot, onion, cilantro and chicken.
- 4Toss everything together and let stand for 15 minutes.
- 5Taste and season with additional salt if necessary.
- 6Finishing The Dish: Scoop the filling into a wide shallow serving bowl, dot with the cubed avocado and dust generously with the cheese.
- 7Serve with warm tortillas.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Chicken Salad Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.7
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 39.3 mg
- Sodium 91.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo