Recipe by Queen uh Cuisine
This salad is a hearty...Creamy...Chipotle....Chicken...delish. You could substitute sliced beef for the chicken if you prefer. ENJOY :)
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed with1/2 tsp salt (see below)
- 1 chipotle pepper, chopped (in adobo sauce)
- 44.37 ml adobo sauce (from can of peppers)
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml plain yogurt
- 59.14-78.07 ml buttermilk
- 44.37 ml cilantro, chopped
- 2 scallions, trimmed and sliced thin
- 7.39 ml apple cider vinegar
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken from the deli at my market)
- 2 (680.38 g) bag spring greens
- 2 summer slicing tomatoes, fresh, chopped
- 1 large avocado (or two small)
- 236.59 ml jicama, trimmed and juienned (thin strips)
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shreaded
- 44.37 ml cheddar cheese, shreaded
- 2 limes, cut into wedges for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- For the salad dressing:.
- Mash the garlic and salt to a paste with the side of a chefs knife.
- In medium bowl, wisk together the garlic and the rest of the ingredients for the dressing, using 1/4 cup of the buttermilk.
- If the dressing is too thick, thin with a couple tablespoons of buttermilk.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- For the salad:.
- Remove the chicken from the bone and cut into bite sized pieces, set aside.
- Place the salad greens in large bowl.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, avocado, jicama, cheddar cheese and chicken.
- Toss gently with dressing (refrigerate leftover dressing).
- Plate salads and garnish with lime wedges and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.