1/1 Photo of Chipotle Chicken Salad
Queen uh Cuisine's Note:
This salad is a hearty...Creamy...Chipotle....Chicken...delish. You could substitute sliced beef for the chicken if you prefer. ENJOY :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed with1/2 tsp salt (see below)
- 1 chipotle pepper, chopped (in adobo sauce)
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce (from can of peppers)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4-1/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 scallions, trimmed and sliced thin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken from the deli at my market)
- 2 (12 ounce) bags spring greens
- 2 summer slicing tomatoes, fresh, chopped
- 1 large avocado (or two small)
- 1 cup jicama, trimmed and juienned (thin strips)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shreaded
- 3 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shreaded
- 2 limes, cut into wedges for garnish
- 1For the salad dressing:.
- 2Mash the garlic and salt to a paste with the side of a chefs knife.
- 3In medium bowl, wisk together the garlic and the rest of the ingredients for the dressing, using 1/4 cup of the buttermilk.
- 4If the dressing is too thick, thin with a couple tablespoons of buttermilk.
- 5Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- 6For the salad:.
- 7Remove the chicken from the bone and cut into bite sized pieces, set aside.
- 8Place the salad greens in large bowl.
- 9Add the chopped tomatoes, avocado, jicama, cheddar cheese and chicken.
- 10Toss gently with dressing (refrigerate leftover dressing).
- 11Plate salads and garnish with lime wedges and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 767.4
- Calories from Fat 463
- Total Fat 51.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 179.0 mg
- Sodium 581.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 53.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: