Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Savory, spicy chicken salad. Great stuffed in tomatoes, avocados or in a wrap.
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- Combine mayonnaise, lime juice, chipotle, sugar, cumin and salt in a large bowl.
- Add chicken, celery and green chilies. Toss to combine.
- Chill and serve with lettuce, tomato, and avocado.
Very good - easy and flavorful. I kinda just threw together all the ingredients - didn't measure - and added more of the things I liked best. I like that this isn't so heavy on the mayonnaise as some chicken salads. I made wraps with this and will definitely make again.
This was great! I didin't measure my chipotle pepper in adobo...(or as the husband calls it abooboo), I just eyeballed it. I don't think I put quite enough in though because it wasn't all that chipotle to us. It was probably just my fault though, not the recipes. This was easy to make. I just served it on buns, but I think it would be great as a wrap. Thanks so much for sharing! Made for Kelbel's cook-a-thon in memory of her husband.