This is from epicurious and it's simply fabulous! Super easy as it starts with a store bought cooked chicken.
- 1 (2 lb) rotisserie-cooked chicken, at room temperature
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh cilantro stem
- 1 tablespoon canned chipotle chile in adobo (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 firm-ripe california avocados, halved, pitted, and left unpeeled
- 3 ounces corn chips, such as Fritos corn chips (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts, separated into leaves
- Remove chicken from bone in large chunks, with some skin if desired, and toss together with onion and black beans in a large bowl.
- Purée cilantro, chipotles, oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a blender, then add to chicken mixture.
- Cut avocado into 1/2-inch cubes, without cutting through peel.
- Toss chicken mixture with chips. Scoop avocado into chicken mixture with a spoon. Serve salad on romaine leaves.