Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from epicurious and it's simply fabulous! Super easy as it starts with a store bought cooked chicken.
- 1 (2 lb) rotisserie-cooked chicken, at room temperature
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh cilantro stem
- 1 tablespoon canned chipotle chile in adobo (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 firm-ripe california avocados, halved, pitted, and left unpeeled
- 3 ounces corn chips, such as Fritos corn chips (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts, separated into leaves
- Remove chicken from bone in large chunks, with some skin if desired, and toss together with onion and black beans in a large bowl.
- Purée cilantro, chipotles, oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a blender, then add to chicken mixture.
- Cut avocado into 1/2-inch cubes, without cutting through peel.
- Toss chicken mixture with chips. Scoop avocado into chicken mixture with a spoon. Serve salad on romaine leaves.
Delicious! Loved the combination of flavors. I also used more chipotle than what it called for. Thanks!
Those over the age of 15 loved it. I think I used more chipotle than called for making it too spicy for the kids but perfect for me. I made about half a recipe and used grilled chicken breast rather than the rotisserie. I also used red onion and tossed with the romaine lettuce to make it easier to serve "family style." This made a perfect main dish portion for 4.
Loved this! Easy and superfast. Awesome flavor, loved the combination of fresh lime, chipotle, and cilantro. Perfect meal for warm weather. Used a can of black beans and loose salad greens, probably more than a tablespoon of chipotle but even so this wasn't overly spicy. Would be good with regular tortilla chips instead of fritos as well. Thanks for sharing!