1/4 Photos of Chipotle Chicken Salad
This is from epicurious and it's simply fabulous! Super easy as it starts with a store bought cooked chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 lb) rotisserie-cooked chicken, at room temperature
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro stem
- 1 tablespoon canned chipotle chile in adobo (to taste)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 firm-ripe california avocados, halved, pitted, and left unpeeled
- 3 ounces corn chips, such as Fritos corn chips (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts, separated into leaves
- 1Remove chicken from bone in large chunks, with some skin if desired, and toss together with onion and black beans in a large bowl.
- 2Purée cilantro, chipotles, oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a blender, then add to chicken mixture.
- 3Cut avocado into 1/2-inch cubes, without cutting through peel.
- 4Toss chicken mixture with chips. Scoop avocado into chicken mixture with a spoon. Serve salad on romaine leaves.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.3
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 52.2 mg
- Sodium 441.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo